Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My name is***** just learned that my husband's family knew

Customer Question
all along the emotional damage...
My name is***** just learned that my husband's family knew all along the emotional damage he would do to me. From the day we married nearly 7 years ago, my husband flipped a switch and has trying to get rid of me. 2 weeks after our marriage, he was trying to get me to leave. I'm now considering divorce but I want to know if there is any kind of lawsuit I can bring against his family.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is a family farm that I have no interest in but I will get it if my husband dies. They assume I want it and have been resenting my marriage from the beginning and have been encouraging Tom's behavior towards me since day one. since the day after we were married, he hasn't given me any physical affection of any kind on any level. He's been cheating since the beginning and said he didn't drink but I found out right after our marriage that he is an alcoholic There is nothing that he has ever told to me that is the truth. It was all a game to him to see if he could get me to leave my home state and leave my grown children to be with him.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/7/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear about your situation. You have strong grounds for a divorce but I cannot think of a strong basis to file a lawsuit against the family unfortunately.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer