How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ohio. My wife and I are separating. we rent a house where

Customer Question

Ohio. My wife and I are separating. we rent a house where the lease is in my name only and have lived there less than 6 months. she has thrown me out. How can i evict her from my house?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. It sounds as if you would be considered roommates even if the lease is solely in your name. According to state law, a spouse has the right to live with their spouse and she would be included on the lease. In that case, only your landlord could evict her. If you have a different agreement, then she might be considered a sub tenant. If that is the case then you would be able to evict her. I would guess you do not have a lease with one another and in that case, she would be on a month to month tenancy and you would have to give her 1 month notice to vacate. It is more likely that you would be considered roommates and not have the right to evict her. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have nay further questions?