How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42234
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother ran away from a nursing home Thursday, she was

Customer Question

My mother ran away from a nursing home Thursday, she was staying with a cousin until today. She's been to the emergency room once and dropped off at two separate locations on her own today. I need to know what I have to do right now to get guardianship or custody or something to get her placed back in a nursing home where she needs to be
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. I would call Adult Protective Services, they may be able to help you file guardianship here.This is 24 hour toll free number.This is self neglect here and they can help you here. If you suspect that a vulnerable adult is the victim of abuse, neglect or exploitation, please contact you local DHS County Office. If it is after regular business hours, please call the Statewide Abuse Hotline at 1-***-***-****.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Another reference I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here. Thanks again.