How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28364
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Concerning alimony Or child support If divorce decree for

Customer Question

Concerning alimony
Or child support
If divorce decree for argument sake calls for 2100 month. If it turns out husband ends up paying more in to help kids if mother isn't earning enough and he gives her 3000 to make ends meet for a half the year. For that to be a deduction for him for additional amount what is necessary
To document. Should divorce decree say anything even though not required to pay
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. The husband is only required to pay what is court ordered. If he pays more, to help her out, that would be voluntarily and at his own discretion, so it is not something he can come back and claim and get credit for. Now, if he wants to get a deduction, they can modify the court order and have it state that he pay more, if it will benefit him. Otherwise, he is simply just giving money voluntarily.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!