How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1109
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 18 years old and moved out per my request 30 days

Customer Question

My son is 18 years old and moved out per my request 30 days ago. I have sent him text after text requesting he remove his remaining property. 2 weeks ago he came in the home while I was gone a removed a computer that was not his. Last night he came with the police to remove his property but brought nothing to pack it in. he is threatening to come back today again with police. I posted a document on the door for 7 days stating he needed to remove his property dated March 23rd the day after he stole the computer. I also emailed him the notice. I honestly do not want his things and told them he can have them.I just dont want him calling police over at 10 pm at night causing drama and embarrassment to the family. I also have my daughter here till she delivers her baby and can get to Texas with her husband. She has two small kids that go to bed early and its not fair and its scary for them. When I showed the police the notification they said it wasnt legal. I got it off of law depot or rocket lawyer and it was what they recommended for the state of Florida. How long can he continue this. I understand I can file eviction notice but that will require another 30 days that he can come and go as he pleases.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.The simplest way from preventing him from having access to your home whenever he wants is to file for a restraining order. It's significantly more efficient (and faster) than an eviction notice and more useful in situations when things are "scary" as you say. You may also wish to consider going to the police station and fiing a complaint for theft of the computer. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello Customer. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.