Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can you please give me a general guideline/rule of thumb to

Customer Question
use when calculating alimony and...
Can you please give me a general guideline/rule of thumb to use when calculating alimony and child support in California? I realize that there are several variables, but I don't even know where to start. Is there a quick and easy formula?
Husband's salary: $250K/yr
My salary: $120K/yr
We have 3 children, but two of them are in college over the age of 18. Child support would be for our 1 child who is currently 14 years old who will spend approximately 30% of her time with the father and the rest with me. Distributing college expenses is another issue.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
4/4/2016
Family Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The California Guideline Child Support Calculator is based on California Child Support Guidelines and can be used to estimate the amount of child support that may be ordered in your case.Here is a state of California sample calculator that will give you a a good idea: https://www.cse.ca.gov/ChildSupport/cse/guidelineCalculatorSee link fro child support user guide: http://www.childsup.ca.gov/portals/0/resources/docs/gdlncalculator.pdf Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer