Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How could I find out if and how there is anyway the adoptive

Customer Question
parents can force my son...
How could I find out if and how there is anyway the adoptive parents can force my son that will be eighteen on August 6 2016 to stay there when there is irreconcilable differences and he is very unhappy?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2016
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this; There is good news if the child is 18 or older; that is the age one becomes an adult and can make any and all decisions for him/herself pursuant to statute:(12) “Child” or “youth” means any unmarried person under the age of 18 years who has not been emancipated by order of the court. That statute is here:http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0000-0099/0039/Sections/0039.01.html If the child is under 18, one could petition for emancipation - that statute is here:http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0743/Sections/0743.015.html If the adoptive parents are neglectful, that may result in a termination of parental rights; those cases are typically initiated by social services. Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly-Rate Positively-This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.Thank you and take care!
attorneys may be located here: http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/ kindly rate positively if no further questions.
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer