How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California. I was ordered to pay alimony $507 a month

Customer Question

I live in California. I was ordered to pay alimony $507 a month (I paid with a check to my ex spouse monthly). It was from dec 1, 2010 to 3/31/16. When I looked at the official paperwork, it said I was to pay through wage attachment. Tax records and bank statements and my ex will confirm that I paid this. Is this a big deal with the courts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
No, the court will not be concerned if the recipient has no issue. I would suggest paying through the state disbursement method though because if a dispute were to arise between you and the other parent down the road, that state pay record is strong evidence of your payment history.

Related Family Law Questions