Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I was married in 1993 became permanently disabled in 2000.

Customer Question
In 2003 or 2004 my...
I was married in 1993 became permanently disabled in 2000. In 2003 or 2004 my husband asked me to leave his house and go to my own house after several disagreements
over his crack addicted grown son. I left. Three years ago he filed for divorce in Compton. He was already retired under Calpers. He told me I would be his beneficiary
after his demise and I said fine that I was concerned mostly with continued medical benefits and reimbursement of the monies for medication since he received all the checks
from Blue Cross. We were going to work things out amicably until I realized he was running a game, i.e. destroying my papers that would substiante any proof that were physically together well over 10 years. My disability is my back, legs (bone marrow issues) and right hand as well as PTSD. I finally hired an attorney. My father paid for the attorney. After almost three years and $6K nothing has been resolved.
I am a Veteran and am trying to keep my cool but I have endured so much in the marriage which started when we returned from the honeymoon and found the wedding gifts had been given to the CRIPs gang by his daughter and later she robbed my house in La Palma. Several months ago, he broke the balance of our gifts in the trash with
the neighbor looking,
Note: My first husband's friend lives here part time when he is working to help me out.
No sex involved. In my condition I am not interested in sex. I have Interstitial cystis
which is so painful they use DMSO to treat it as well as well intestinal protrusion through the vaginal wall. I do want his property in Compton. I have always told him it should
go to his kids. I am still paying for my home in LA PALMA with SSI and 200.00 per month from Bethlehem Steel and 130.00 from the VA for surgical stockings to help the legs.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/31/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello. I’m Ronna, a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. I also have written articles on DUIs/DWIs/OUIs, process serving, employment law, Social Security law and on many other legal subjects. I answer questions on these topics as well as general legal questions and questions about negligence, criminal matters, and other civil wrongs such as defamation and invasion of privacy. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

I'll be right back to you, I"m finishing up another question. I will be back within a few minutes at the most, promise.

We are only allowed to answer one question at a time, so that's why I can't stay in this room while answering someone else's. Be right back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I basically want to know my rights under calpers retirement since I am permanently disabled

Hello, and thanks for your patience. I am a family lawyer and not familiar with this so I will opt out and allow someone who has this experience to take your call. Thank you and best of luck.

Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

You will be entitled to 50% of the CalPers benefits that were earned during the marriage. How many years was he paying into CalPers, and how many of those years were during the marriage and before separation?

Family Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Do you still have a question?

S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney