How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am taking in a mentally challenged person into my home who

Customer Question

i am taking in a mentally challenged person into my home who is a registered sex offender.. it is not really sure if he had done what he is accused of . i have to visually supervise him all the time. If my grandson would come to visit would his father have any right to try to take him from his mother just because he visits me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

Registered Sex Offenders are not permitted to be around minor children, regardless whether another adult is supervising the situation, so not only having a minor child around a registered sex offender would generally give legal grounds for a parent to ask the court to revoke child custody / visitation but also can subject the registered sex offender to criminal prosecution.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.