How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2512
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my rights if I'm ordered not to home school but to

Customer Question

What are my rights if I'm ordered not to home school but to pay the other parents fraudulous claims. Public school has caused tons of stress and private school is ordering an evaluation for ADHD. the other parent is claiming neglect and ordering me to return child to public school which is conflicting with my work schedule?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking how to challenge the order? When was the order entered? Was it entered after a trial? What kind of hearing was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The order was entered after a trial last Aug where he tried to get custody. Yes, how do I challenge the order and steer clear of any accusations of neglect/abuse claims?
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

At this point, it is too late to challenge the order. Appeals and other challenges have deadlines that have all passed. The only possibility is a modification based on a change in circumstances. If you can show that public/private school has been worse for the children that homeschooling, there is a chance you could get a modification. I'm sorry I can't give you better information for challenging the order itself.