How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6727
Experience:  29 Years Experience in Family Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please I am at the point of begging ... My stepgrandson

Customer Question

Please I am at the point of begging for help... My stepgrandson became a ward of the state because his mom passed nov 9 2014. I have full custody of his sister. NJ State court order. My son my granddaughters dad is currently being treated for PTSD due to his military service. None the less his case worker will not allow me to see this young man. She told him that I am crazy. I am an Established Medical Profession since 1978 and to be acknowledged by Association of Clinical Reseach Profession for Excellance and Achievement for 10 years. This ceremony will be in Atlanta April 19. I had hired an attorney to ask and follow through with their reseasoning. The office did not reply. My grandson has attempted suicide 7 times since Dec 2015. I am not allowed to see him.. Myself and his sister are the family that he has within the state. So many wrong things have occurred ,he has been raped multiple times. I went to DYFUS and was told that they are aware of this. Many times he has been miss placed and misdiagnosed . His mother was the drug addict Not the child. He needed comfort and stability . Not Drugs. I cannot afford an attorney as I am on disability due to kidney disease . This office is violating so many of his legal rights please help. Time is of the essence as he just may succeed at sucicide.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes they ingnored him.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: DYFUS has made me see a Pyschiciartist and Psycholpogist. This was not court order but I did it to hopefully advance a visit. I tried to call Trenton the director of DYFUS to be referred back to Burlington DYFUS , I am at a lose. Who can help ?.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: The DYFUS in Burlington county is treating this child as a prinsnoer .the DYFUS worked has Violated the young man civil rights, Rights under the American Disabilties act Slandered me. And gone out of her job discription which has caused damage to this child.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. Unfortunately I hear similar stories all over the country. Just to clarify your step-grandson is located in Burlington County New Jersey?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Have you already contacted the New Jersey Attorney General?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Since you are not responding I am unable to ascertain what you have already tried in relation to this matter, I am going to address the course that has been taken in these matters when children protective service agencies are NOT doing there job.

First you file a complaint with the State AG. The Attorney General is the top law enforcement official for the state and is tasked with protecting their residents from businesses and government. I do not hold out great hope that they will be helpful, however, it is important to notify the property agencies. There is also an Ombudsman Office that is tasked with child advocacy and you should contact them immediately at

New Jersey Complaint

The next step is the critical step since State's don't often discipline their own governmental agencies and that is to contact the Department of Justice which is at the Federal Level

The next issue we would to address is finding attorneys that will assist you. There are attorneys that take cases Pro Bono (for free) this is a link for those attorneys

This is a link for Civil Rights Attorneys that provide Pro Bono services

I had hired an attorney to ask and follow through with their reseasoning. The office did not reply. That is unacceptable. You may also wish to report this attorney for their inaction with the State Bar Association that holds their license.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business

Related Family Law Questions