How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27204
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I already had sign the papers and now am not very happy

Customer Question

If I already had sign the papers and now am not very happy with what I had sign what can I do because I would like to have my kids more days with me I think two days Every two weeks it's not enough time so if u can give me an advice or what I can do please please let me knw thank you ...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. What papers did you sign? If you did not agree, why did you sign them and how long ago was this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the divorce papers ,guess we r just waiting for a court day ..I knw I should had read the papers but I didn't and my es moved to where her new partner leaves with its kearny AZ witch is like 1*****for can I do something to change that or it's to late for me please let me knw and one of my children is bearly 11 moths old so I want to spend more time with her so is their something I can do or no ...
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. At this time, you would need to file a motion with the court. You would need to explain to the Judge why you signed these if you did not agree and what has changed, since you did. You would really need to show that something was brought to your attention or not known at the time, which you just discovered, which changes the time you have with the kids. You can not simply tell the Judge you did not read the papers and need to show good cause as to why this should not be imposed.

Related Family Law Questions