How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am representing myself after my attorney wanted me to take

Customer Question

I am representing myself after my attorney wanted me to take the settlement and I refused. He then withdrew. Do I have to provide my evidence before our hearing or just at time throughout the hearing? Do I have a certain time period that I need to subpoena people and information ? The court date in May 16th. Do I provide a list of witnesses now that my attorney withdrew or does his list stand if he even provided it?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have decided to represent myself after my attorney withdrew.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No but not sure how I will fair on objecting if he is taking advantage of me.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Civil/Family law procedure is determined by state law. In which state is your case filed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. I'm going to reopen this question for others to try to answer. I don't have sufficient time, this evening to provide you with a fully competent answer. So, I think you will be better served by waiting for someone else to assist.

Best wishes with with your legal dilemma. And, thanks for using Justnaswer!