How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29803
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex files custody our trial date is 4-22. I just got a

Customer Question

My ex files for full custody our trial date is 4-22. I just got a second request for documents. The divorce was in 03, they are requesting credit card statements, loan info, bank statements, credit apps, net worth. Do i have to supply all this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Generally, a person is required to produce the documents within 30 days of receiving the request. Oregon R. Civ. P. 43. When an opposing party serves a request for production of documents less than 30 days before a hearing, there is no obligation to produce the documents early, absent a court order. But you should be prepared to turn them over, because your ex could file a Motion to Continue the hearing. Financial information is always relevant in any case that deals with child support, and child support is redone when custody is redone.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to fill out a motion to compel. Can you help with that?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I'm only able to answer questions for you, not assist with filling out forms. If you have questions about the Motion, I can answer those on a new question page. Otherwise, a local attorney may be able to help draft the motion for you.

Please remember to leave a positive rating before signing out so I get paid for the question I answered for you last week. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day.

Related Family Law Questions