How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34304
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child protective service is doing an investigation because

Customer Question

Child protective service is doing an investigation because my son said I will hit him if the principle calls home. That is not true and now they are investigating. My question is, do I have to cooperate with the investigation. Do I have to let them in my house?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpYou do not have to cooperate. At all. You can refuse to do so. That said, it may be in your interest to cooperate. If you refuse? You put CPS in a tough position....they have to either go to the court and get an order to remove custody or drop the "all or nothing". And in my experience, in most cases when you cooperate with them, it makes it easier for them to close the case. But to answer the question, must you cooperate? No.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Family Law Questions