How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im in florida state and i have been married legaly years i

Customer Question

Hello, im in florida state and i have been married legaly for 3 years i just had a child she is 14 months we both agree to have this child his name is ***** ***** birth certificate but he did not sign it i was the only one. Now we are talking about divorce and he wants a dna for him to pa child support my question am i obligated to give him a dna or is the court going to make me go thru all that for me to get child support??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Since you are married, your husband is PRESUMED to be the father of your child, and you're entitled to child support. He can however try to push for DNA test, but in general, overcoming the presumption that the married partner is the father of the child is very difficult and highly unlikely; the courts have a vested interested in making sure parents support their children and do NOT make it easy for dads to escape a child support obligation by asserting that they want a paternity test. So, yes, you would be entitled to child support if the two of you split up, even if you do not agree to a dna test. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra. We only get credit for the time we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.