How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19105
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife just failed a drug test. I called cps on her. Cps

Customer Question

My ex wife just failed a drug test. I called cps on her. Cps took my son from us both cuz they said I knew she was using, but I live 600 miles away I only had suspicions. I haven't failed any drug test. I own my house a company and I have full custody of my 9 yr old duaghter from the same wife. I just drove 600 miles and I see them in the morning what do I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to contact the Director of the CPS and ask that you be given full custody of your son. If the CPS ignores you, then you need to go to Court and file Emergency Motion for the custody of your son and return of the child from CPS.

It does not make sense that you would be accused of knowing about the drug use when you were the one that contacted CPS in the first place and you do not live at the house. Also, it does not make sense that CPS did not attempt to place the child with you since you already have custody of one child. If you were not a fit parent, why would you still be allowed to have custody of your 9-year old daughter.. The whole thing does not make sense.

You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.