How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10014
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter's boyfriend is involved in a custody case

Customer Question

My daughter's boyfriend is involved in a custody case for his daughter with his ex-girlfriend. The lawyer petitioned the family court in Pennsylvania to get copies of police 911 calls regarding calls for my daughter that occurred prior to her being in this relationship. The court agreed to release the medical information in these records. My daughter lives in Maryland. Is there anyway to block release of these records being released. She feels it is a violation of her civil rights.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this;

There is a legal option called a "Motion to Quash". It would need to be filed in the court that made the ruling; one would need to file the motion along with what is essentially a legal research paper (a Memorandum of Points and Authorities) that would cite case law as to why the release of the information is irrelevant to the case, and why it is a violation of the privacy of the person to whom the medical information pertains. A few minutes please as I'm reviewing some information.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Here is a case that discusses the privacy of one's medical records:

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly

-Rate Positively-

This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!

Related Family Law Questions