How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a temporary PFA. During that time I was contacted by

Customer Question

I had a temporary PFA. During that time I was contacted by the defendant through a third party. I did write a statement to the police. The third party did not provide a statement. The final PFA hearing was today and it was dismissed. My question is can I retract that statement I made?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Lauren,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you filed a formal complaint against the other party to the police for their violation of the PFA?

2. What would be the reason for "retracting" the complaint?

3. Are you saying that the PFA was no made permanent but rather was set aside in the hearing today? Was this order based on you asking for the order to be terminated or did the court find no good legal cause to make the temporary PFA permanent?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lauren,

I can't possibly assist you if you don't provide the basic information I requested. I look forward to hearing back from you.


Related Family Law Questions