How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My children's father told s lawyer my children were in

Customer Question

My children's father told his lawyer my children were in danger living with me. No explanation for these accusations. He got temp custody until court. What can I do?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I really can't afford a lawyer. I can't pay full amount.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: I want to submit hair follicle test since he's accusing me of drugs. I have tried to get him to have more to do with the babies while I had them and he wouldn't. He will not let me talk or see them until court.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I'll need more information from you... did he get temporary custody? did he get a restraining order? what rights did the court give him? Are you permitted to have contact with the children? He can't deny you access if you have a court order permitting you access. I'll need some more information from you in order to properly assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They gave him temp custody. It did say I could have visitation but every time I go he leaves before I get there. He will not let me talk to them on the phone. No restraining order. He stated the children were in danger living with me but no facts to back this claim up.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Tell him the next time you will show up with the police, give him one more chance, then take your court order to the police station and get their help enforcing it. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about when I go to court? Will he get custody with no proof that I'm unfit?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

He can't get custody without proof you are unfit. I would try to bring as many people with you as you can, since having more people in your corner never hurts. Please let me know if you have any additional questions; I'd be happy to answer them. If you could take a moment to submit a rating I would appreciate it since we only get credit once you submit a rating.