Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I would like to know the process my daughter's adopted

Customer Question

hello, i would like to know the process for having my daughter's adopted mother's parental rights terminated. I have full legal and physical custody of my daughter
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: kinda
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: she has not been involved. an attorney said that i have to right to decide any visitation or contact with my daughter
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: nothing else
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. IF you have legal and physical custody currently, are you looking to completely sever all contact with the birth mother. I want to make sure I understand your question completely.

Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

I apologize for the delay in returning your question but this is the first I have seen this question.

I do need a little more information -- can you tell me the following --

-

A. Have there been any court orders for visitation or custody in this matter?

-

B. Has the adoptive mother been ordered to pay child support and has she been paying that support?

-

-

MARY