How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

York.....If filing from a husband, am I entitled to half the

Customer Question

For New York.....If filing for divorce from a husband, am I entitled to half the money if husband kept a private apartment to house woman and activities, money he paid as a sugar daddy for women's tuition trips etc if I have his email about it knowing he probably paid cash for everything else...
if he is out on bail and I signed for the bail can I go and say I cannot guarantee he is not breaking the law and would like to revoke bail which is my house?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.


New York is an equitable distribution state, meaning the division of property is done based on what's "fair," which often is - but does not have to be - 50/50. If you think he's hiding money your best bet would be to hire a forensic accountant to follow the money trail. With respect to bail, when a bail bond contract is signed there are a set of conditions imposed; these vary based on what the bail bond company requires but may include prohibiting the accused from possessing firearms, leaving the state, drinking, associating with felons, etc. If the terms of the contract are violated, the bail bond can be revoked; so you'd need to look at the terms of your contract to determine what would constitute a violation. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance. We only get credit for the type we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.

Related Family Law Questions