How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19326
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex worked entire time we were married and at times made

Customer Question

My ex worked entire time we were married and at times made more money than I did. AT beginning of divorce she quit her job and collected welfare for 4 years, then gavron warning she got a job making more money than I currently make. Judge says I still have to pay allomony. So with child support and allomony and here job she makes 3000.00 a month and I am taking home after paying on average 300 to 500 a month.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is judge right in making myself still pay alimony or do I have a good chance of getting it stopped. Married 18 years, paying alimony for 6 years.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

Based on the information that you have given here, you may be able to modify your spousal support payments. I am not sure that the payment would be stopped altogether.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.