How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37843
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One of my friend whom a 25 years old guy dating 15 years old

Customer Question

One of my friend whom a 25 years old guy dating 15 years old girl . According to him , they are live together now and she is first year of high school. He messaged me those thing and I do not know if I should report to place officer or not. I do not want get into trouble but I also do not know how much percent is true from his message , my question is , is that regulation/ law require that I have to report to police ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Unless you are in law enforcement, you have no legal duty to report a crime, or potential crime, if you don't want to. It doesn't drag you into anything potentially illegal just because you know about it and do nothing. So if you want to report it, do so, but you aren't under any legal obligation to do so.