How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brent Blanchard Your Own Question
Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1975
Experience:  Eleven years of experience in family law, from pre-nups, divorces, child custody and support mod
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brent Blanchard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed pro se and had a doctor served, and I didn't have

Customer Question

I filed pro se and had a doctor served, and I didn't have the certification on the opinion and my case is dismissed. I have 21 days to get it reheared. :(
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please specify what your questions is for me so that I can answer it for you? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is my next step, to get this doctor liable for my unnecessary scarring?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Why was your case dismissed? What was the reason?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no expert witness.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Why aren't you using an attorney?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
conflict of interest. everyone knows this doctor. he is an expert witness for personal injury lawyers.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

I would strongly suggest finding an attorney willing to take on the case.

Aside from that, you are required to have expert witnesses for your case that would testify as to the standard of care and how the defendant violated that standard. This is required pursuant to the Virginia Medical Malpractice Act.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried, lawyers don't want to go behind a case that's filed.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Regardless of whether you get a lawyer or not, you will need the expert witnesses to refile your case.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

The following link provides more information on some of your options:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to go to MD or D.C
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Why are you saying that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hit key by mistake
Expert:  Brent Blanchard replied 1 year ago.

Our system indicates that you have requested a phone call. But the payment method failed. Do you still want to go forward with that?

Related Family Law Questions