How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an injunction obo my son. He turns 18 in May - what

Customer Question

I have an injunction for protection obo my son. He turns 18 in May - what happens with the protection oder, if anything?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Could you explain this injunction a little further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an injunction for me on behalf of my son against his mother. She has mental illness and has a problem controlling herself.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

OK. Since it was taken out by you to cover him in his capacity as a minor, when he turns 18, the order will expire (unless it specifically says otherwise). This is because you, as his father, can't prvent him, as an adult, from seeing whomever he wants. That said, if he'd like to continue the order, he can ask the court to renew it for him as an adult.