How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have (2) open child support cases which originated in St.

Customer Question

I have (2) open child support cases which originated in St. Louis,Mo. I live in Mississippi. (1) of the mothers now resides in Alabama and the other, still lives in Missouri.First: I was served at my mother's home a carbon copy document which was illegible at the time. I called the courts numerous times with no answers to the day of my court date.
Second: My newly ex-wife calls me immediately after court bragging on what the award was. Full Custody, House ,Cars etc.I have no idea where they came up with the amount I was ordered to pay. My case combined $782.00 a month plus, insurance etc. I also can't understand the full custody part. Now the same as then, I have limited funds and can not afford proper legal representation. I have had one of the children living with me for a few years now. I send letters, call to get help and can not. I am currently almost $70,000 in arears but, I still help maintain the children. How or Where, do I get a helping hand before going to prison for not paying CS when I am a major part of their lives ?Afraid of breaking the LAW to survive...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard.

Here is a LINK where you can contact the Legal Aid closest to you. I suggest you contact them and if you do indeed qualify for assistance because of your financial situation, they will help you. Otherwise, you would need to see if you can locate an attorney who may be willing to help your pro bono or at a reduced fee because of your finances.

Related Family Law Questions