How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé has filed and seved s ex with papers. Since then s

Customer Question

My fiancé has filed for divorce and seved his ex with papers. Since then his ex she has hired a lawyer and papers were sent o him today. Except there is no decree on what she is contesting. It just says the court name...,filing ID...Filed doc group and signature. We are seriously confused is this meaning she just wants to be safe or is she contesting the divorce
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: trying to prepare for what to expect as far as where do we go. He served her for the whole packet we did not get anything except what I said above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

That is very unusual. could you upload the document so that I could take a look?

Related Family Law Questions