How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4823
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a Florida statute that prohibits siblings of the

Customer Question

Is there a Florida statute that prohibits siblings of the opposite sex sharing the same bedroom if one is a teen and the other is still a child?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not with this issue...
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What type of info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My soon to be ex-wife is forcing my kids to share the same bedroom in her apartment when they rather sleep in their own rooms every night here in our home with me and their Grandmother. The reason why I am so concerned is, my children a very uncomfortable with the individual that their mom had an affair with. Every time that individual is present at their mom's residence, they immediately confine themselves to their bedroom. I even received a text message form my 11 year old daughter stating that she had barricaded their bedroom door in their mother's apartment. I'm really concerned about my children's welfare, so I am trying to see what I can do from a legal standpoint to aid me in my custody battle...
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

To answer your question directly, no, there is no such statute. There are no laws which dictate which rooms people can sleep in, regardless of their age. Frankly, an attempt to do so would probably be unconstitutional. I understand your concern about the situation. Your best bet would to be to go through the family courts and seek custody, or seek a modification in the child custody order which prevents this from happening. Even there isn't a statute that would make this illegal, the judge still has the authority to tell them they can't do it if they are to maintain custody.

Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go (that's how I get credit for my work). Good luck.

Related Family Law Questions