How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having issues with my stepmother allowing me to visit my

Customer Question

Hi I'm having issues with my stepmother allowing me to visit my father. They have been married for 30 years. He has Parkinson's and is getting worse. I just saw him two weeks ago and he so thankful to see me. I told them I would come to visit every month to Florida. However, my stepmother has written to me explicitly to say that they are "having issues" and now is not a good time to come. I of course am paraphrasing as her email was not as nice.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to know what legal recourse I have to see my father since my stepmother is saying I cannot come to visit him.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Is your father hospitalized, or is he still at home?

Related Family Law Questions