Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have my son Colby Ddahdah and have documentations of this

Customer Question
I have my son Colby...
I have my son Colby Andrew Ddahdah and have documentations of this since 09/25/2015. His mother Angela Denise Kent has applied for food stamps and Medicaid services for him on 02/04/2016. Now the child support enforcement is telling me I have to continue to pay child support. I had my son up until school age when he wanted to live with his mother. I never applied fir any assistance for him when I has custody. She had been getting food stamps for him the whole time I had him then. I have recently found this out n as of fight now my sister Jessica m. Ddahdah has Power of Attorney over Colby. How can my ex whom doesn't have legal gaurdenship over our son continue to get benefits and I am supporting him and I still have to pay child support. Angela is defrauding the government and I James Ddahdah Jr. Is paying the price please help and or advise. The people at the child support enforcement center said it would be in my best interest to hire an attorney. I can not afford to do this. This is an injustice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2016
Family Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

I am sorry to hear this. Have you been back to the family court to ask the judge to officially/legally change the custody arrangements? If you have NOT done this, then the family court still considers the MOTHER as the custodial parent of your son and all of the decisions regarding child support and food stamps/welfare are being made based upon which parent has legal custody as ordered by the court. Your ex knows this very well and she is now trying to take advantage of it by applying for benefits she KNOWS she is not entitled to receive.

-

If you can tell me the COUNTY and STATE of the family court where you are living, I can possibly find some forms for you to file to seek legal custody of your son based on the fact that he is now living with you.

-

I can also give you all of this information in a telephone call but there are additional charges for that service --- I will put the request through customer service and they will send you what is called a Premium Service Offer that will appear on your screen. You can either accept or decline once you review the telephone call offer for premium service. Even if you do not want that service, I will still look for the appropriate legal forms that you need to file a case in family court for a change in the custody of your son from the mother to you.

-

MARY

Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer