How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'd like to adopt my 26 year old Son. He is of sound

Customer Question

I'd like to adopt my 26 year old Son. He is of sound mind and fully functional. It's something we couldn't do when he was young and I want to adopt him before he's too old. I need asap help. He turns 27 on April 8th, 2016. Please, please help me!!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.


Are you currently in Arizona? According to Arizona statute, only the following may be adopted: (a) a child and (b) a foreign born person under the age of 21 who is not an illegal alien. See​ (on page 8). I'm sorry I can't give you better news but if I didn't give you the law I would be doing you a disservice. I'm happy to help answer follow up questions...


Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything.


Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance. We only get credit for the type we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.

Related Family Law Questions