How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I can't find an attorney worthy of my opponent. I need an

Customer Question

I can't find an attorney worthy of my opponent. I need an expert and would like to set aside the financial portion of my marital settlement agreement from 8 years ago. I have found it was all fraud, and I was shorted over $5M while at times living on food stamps with no child support. My ex is also an Inactive Member of the Florida Bar in good standing, and is required to follow the rules of the Bar. I want him to be held accountable. Lying on financials is the understatement of the century. He has turned in completely altered/ forged docs signed by CPA, has opened C-corps in other states to hide yachts, has committed fraud upon the state by filing the same financials to receive state subsidized health care, etc... Any suggestions?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes... everything I begin discussing is over their head in one way or another. Do you know of a way to find the right lawyer who has done what I am looking to do?
JA: What advice did they give you? I am Pearl, the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Once I begin talking about the S-Corp returns, public property records, UCC records, etc., no one understands what I'm talking about. Does anyone use contract or business lawyers for this? The family lawyers are not working in my scenario.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Yes. I signed MSA under extortion without representation alone with my ex the day he wrote it, forcing me to sign it, while he was under a DVI. I did not answer the petition for divorce, nor did I attend the hearing. The whole thing is so unconscionable no one can believe it! He has continued to file emergency hearings to avoid paying child support, while purchasing yachts and buying new waterfront homes.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Are you looking for a referral or is there a specific question that you want answered that we can assist you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is considered a fraudulent financial statement in the eyes of the court regarding setting aside the financial portion of the MSA through 12.540? Missing businesses? Missing property? Lying about debts? And if 12.540 provides for this, why do lawyers here act like it's not a possibility? Ever... What am I missing? And, yes, I'd love a referral... I also want my ex penalized criminally and through the Bar... How do I start that?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

All of those are considered fraud (especially when done by an attorney who should know better and understands the system). As your ex spouse, there is an affirmative obligation to disclose all financials honestly.

Your ex would not be penalized criminally through the Bar. However, you can file a Bar complaint against him which will open up an investigation. If it is deemed that he violated the Professional Rules of Conduct, then his license can either be suspended or revoked altogether. You can contact the Florida Bar Ethics Committee to file a complaint.

Related Family Law Questions