Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex used to pay me alimony (note that he does not want to

Customer Question
my ex used to pay...
my ex used to pay me alimony (note that he does not want to pay child support so i can pay income taxes on my alimony and I agree), he stopped claiming that the corporate will close his franchisee. It has been 2 months now and he did not lose his franchisee nor paid me my alimony. What can I do? i reside in Florida.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/20/2016
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Is he the franchise owner or an employee? If he gets paid with a salary, you could ask the Court to issue an Income Deduction Order (available at this link) so that payment would come right out of his paycheck. If he does not get a paycheck, then your best recourse would be to file for contempt of court. Here are the instructions for contempt.

Another option is to modify the order so that you can get child support instead of (or in addition to) alimony so that the state can try to enforce it for you.

Do you have any other questions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He owns the franchisee. The link to file for contempt of court is not working.

Ok. It works for me but I'll give it to you in another format. Give me a moment...

Does this work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It works now. Thanks

Best of luck!

If you have no further questions, I would appreciate if you would rate my answer so that I may get credit for my work. Thank you!

S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney