How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34301
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Ex-wife perjured her self and I can prove it by her

Customer Question

My Ex-wife perjured her self and I can prove it by her testimony from 5 years ago.
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: She just perjured herself yesterday
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am working pro-se basically due to cost
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: So is there a way of submitting the direct evidence of the perjury? Should I send it to the county attorny or what
JA: Our top Family Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Family Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Family Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I submit this in this case - what should I call the document - Motion for Perjury?
Or should I file it to a county attorney?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.Only the county prosecutor can bring criminal charges. So if the goal is to hold her accountable for this crime? You would need to request the police refer this to the county attorney for prosecution.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the goal is to hold her accountable for her crime. But it just happened in Family court yesterday. Should I take it to the county Prosecutor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - it happened Friday in Family Court
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My experience is most county prosecutor's offices will not take direct applications from citizens...they require you to go through the local police. I would start with your local police department. You can make the report to them...they have the power to refer this to the prosecutor.
Just understand that police (and the county prosecutor) have discretion. They are not required to prosecute any particular they may refuse to take your case. But you can certainly make the request.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding

Related Family Law Questions