How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to understand the child support laws in

Customer Question

I would like to understand the child support laws in Florida. Our final divorce hearing ( 4 years ago) gave us both joint custody of our two minor children but the judge split the baby and ordered my youngest son to live in Florida with his dad and my middle child to live with me in Georgia. No child support on either side.
My middle son is now 19 and going to college (paid solely by me) and my youngest will be 18 March 25. 2016 and will be headed to college as well (paid by me with help from my family). My ex husband lost his job in January of this year and has opened a child support case in Florida asking me for child support for our son who will be 18 this month.
My ex husband lives in the house my children were born in with his girlfriend, who is employed and his girlfriend's daughter who is also employed and has two young children.
I would like to understand the child support laws and find out how it applies to my situation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Do you know why he is seeking support if the child is 18?

Related Family Law Questions