How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2431
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am representing myself in a hearing. How do I procure

Customer Question

I am representing myself in a hearing. How do I procure evidence and witnesses?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Do you know what evidence and witnesses you want? Also, what kind of a hearing is this? Is it a trial or a pre-trial hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a trial on contempt for nonpayment of childsupport
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You would need to subpoena witnesses. If you want to get documents from non-parties, then you would subpoena the documents from those parties. There are other methods of getting evidence from the other party. What is the evidence you seek and from whom are you trying to get it?

Related Family Law Questions