How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the process of a divorce have 4 children out of wet lock

Customer Question

In the process of a divorce have 4 children out of wet lock but 1 while married and I moved to Georgia and their laws are different because of the bible belt I need to know that if my oldest 4 were born in NJ and we moved out to Georgia can I get custody of them if anything were to happen to mom
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: In the process waiting for someone to call me back. Looking for Nj legitimate laws for children
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She is violent and is bipolar and have our 5 children
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If you are on the birth certificate, then yes. Regardless of what state you live in, you would be considered the biological Father and would be given your children.

If you are not on the Birth Cert, then you would need to petition for a Paternity Test but in the end once it is positive you are the Father and you can show that you are a fit person to be their parent, as by providing a good, stable and loving home, then you could get custody of the children.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.

Related Family Law Questions