How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2166
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I reside in Maryland with my 29-year old

Customer Question

My wife and I reside in Maryland with my 29-year old Question is: What do we do with my Son's girlfriends belongings now that she has moved out of our home?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You need to send her a notice in writing via certified mail asking her to come pick it up by a certain deadline usually at least 7 days. If not it will be disposed of. If she does come be sure there is an inventory and a signed release saying she has gotten all of her belongings so that she does not come back later saying a diamond ring is missing.