How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2170
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Cincinnati Ohio and my oldest child's father got

Customer Question

I live in Cincinnati Ohio my name is ***** ***** my oldest child's father got into an accident at his job a little over 17 years ago and received a settlement and some of the settlement went to all the children that wer born wen the accident accord.My issue is the father didn't find out my son was his until after the accident and settlement was made but once he did he never said anything to the proper people about my child being added to the settlement.I feel like my son was purposely cheated out of what was rightfully suppose to be given to him I wanna kno can I sue his dad or the company that made the settlement or social security/disability and if so how do I go about doing so.....
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I do understand your concern. However if he did not know about the child until after the settlement was disbursed then there really is no basis to sue him or the company unfortunately. The hardest partnof my job is telling someone when a legal issue is not on their side. Now I will say your son is a rightful heir in the event of his passing.