How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you quick answer! I'd just looked up pro bono lawyers

Customer Question

Thank you for your quick answer! I'd just looked up pro bono lawyers who might help me until the dust settles. I was using the same firm for the divorce and bankruptcy because they advertised both. After several disasters I relived them from the divorce "until the bankruptcy finished." But they told me my house would be safe after I converted to chapter 7 then we got to Rome and the examiner wants my primary residence! My lawyer said "Well, I guess he didn't like my math!" They also failed to tell me I was supposed to hire an appraiser.I was waiting for them to appoint a court approved one or something! The paralegal said "They usually give you a month or so" when I asked how long I had since the 25 FEB hearing. I'M GOING TO LOSE EVERYTHING, INCLUDING MY ONLY CHILD!
I've been distraught tonight.
Another Q.Whom do I hire to sue a lawyer? Is there a specialty for that? Because I have been done wrong by soooo many people-plbers, tenants, spouse, and now my lawyers have put my honey in a very tight crack indeed.
Thank you,
Namaste :)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am really sorry to hear that. You would hire an attorney who is experienced with professional malpractice preferably against other lawyers. You also need to notify your state bar ethics committee. They have a grievance site where you can file complaints against attorneys for unprofessional conduct.