How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do if my ex-spouse is transfers our child to a

Customer Question

What do I do if my ex-spouse is transfers our child to a different school without my consent?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

If your order states that you must consent or that you have decision making authority, you would file a Motion to Enforce the order and ask the Judge to make a decision on where the child should go to school.

If your order doesn't give one or both parents decision making authority over education, then there's not much you can do besides ask the court to modify the order to make education decisions something you have to have agreed consent on.