Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A 13 year old boy was at school and fooling around with s

Customer Question

A 13 year old boy was at school and fooling around with his friend. The friend got angry during this fooling around and knocked the 13 y.o. Boy out and give him a concussion. The boy who has the concussion is now receiving law documents about either a law suit or assault charges. In either case what type of lawyer would this child need for help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

What state is this in? And I assume that the child doesn't have any previous record or run-ins with the law or other authorities? Were there any witnesses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No previous records. There is video tape. Pennsylvania.

So to be clear, the boy who received the concussion is the "child" here, correct? That is, the one that knocked the boy out is saying that he'll sue or press charges?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. However they are both children. Just looking to see what type of lawyer the family would need.
There were witnesses. Beyond that I don't think I got your follow up.

That was my follow-up. I just find it interesting that it's the boy with the concussion (the ostensible victim in this matter) that is being threatened with civil / criminal action. Did the concussed boy inflict any damage on the other boy (that would prompt these legal threats)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a punch thrown and landed by the boy but nothing like what was received.

I see. Does it appear from the video tape evidence (if you've seen it) that the other boy (the non-concussed one) that he was the aggressor? That is, does the video back up this version of events?

Did you wish to continue with this question? I see that you have not responded in some time...