How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38878
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sherrie gibbs, i just received an at-issue memorandum

Customer Question

sherrie gibbs
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just received an at-issue memorandum for trial setting by a paralegal hired by my husband....the document does not have a stamp from the courts and does not display the correct address or phone number for my husband. is this ligitimate?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


As long as the document that is served on you is substantially identical to the document filed with the court, and it is accompanied by a proof of service, then it's properly served. That it may not have a file stamp is irrelevant, as long as the same document is actually filed with the court.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Related Family Law Questions