Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years Experience in Family Law
68197583

How is it possible father to narcissitically abuse s child,

Customer Question

How is it possible for a father to narcissitically abuse his child, lie to police, sell a home which she may have rights to, including her belongings, ignore subpeonas by the Supreme Court for another legal matter, escape to Florida, and continue not to respond to any legal matter? Will he really get away with all this in the eyes of the law?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am unclear on most of what you are talking about. If you want to give a little more detail that would help.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two words: insidious crimes & abuses. I don't know how to detail what I just said. I think it is pretty clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you qualified to answer questions about NYS & FL law?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to ask, I just see that your profile only said Maryland Bar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am a different attorney and I believe only a portion of our profiles appear. That being said the laws are relatively consistent throughout the country when it comes to these types of matters.

How old is the child? Did the father have custody? Where is the mother? Were formal charges ever filed against the father. It seems that the child lived in one state and the father sold her potential assets/inheritance and removed her from the State.

Do we know the whereabouts of the father now? Since this involves crossing state lines does the father have legal custody of the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind. The father tormented his daughter from birth to 38. stealing, lying, abuse, trickery. The usual for NY.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

If there is ongoing harassment and criminal behavior and local law enforcement has been unresponsive have you or has she contacted the State Attorney General who is the top law enforcement official in the State? The other option is the Department of Justice. Sometimes it can be very difficult and frustrating to get any cooperation at the local level and it becomes necessary to take the matter to the next level.

Can you tell me if this has been reported to the State or the Department of Justice? If not I can provide contact information and investigations can be started. Is the daughter competent and able to handle her own affairs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The father sold a home where she was never able to see the mother's will (mother passed on). She does not know where her possessions are. Family is not helpful or caring, believing whatever the father said. He has now escaped to FL. Did not answer subpeonas for another (separate) family matter in NY. I don't find that DA or AG offices do much of anything here except placate by taking complaints.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

The AG is an elected official that is the top law enforcement officer in the State. They are tasked with protection of the citizens in the State both civilly and criminally. If you get nowhere with the AG I would contact the nest level up which is the Federal Government through the Department Of Justice. They are the watchdog when the States fail to protect their citizens. You have probably seen the DOJ become involved in many of the more recent police brutality cases and officers shooting or injuring citizens when no force or injury should have occurred. The also investigate the State to see why they are not taking matters like the situation you have raised seriously.

I would not hesitate to contact the Department of Justice.

Here is a link to contact the DOJ http://www.justice.gov/ It is certainly worth a try if the State has failed this woman.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

In case you are not aware the attorneys do not receive credit for their time unless you rate us positively.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Please ignore the premium services request. Thank you for you using JA. Let me know if you are able to get anywhere on this case.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to receive any assistance at the State or the Federal level?