How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116755
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sued, my petition asked relief but did not specify

Customer Question

I was sued for custody, my petition asked for general relief but did not specify credit as a disabled obligor, by accident , i did file financial forms witht eh court showing i was receiving social security. the judge never asked any question about our financial forms he just ordered me to pay child support. over a yare and a half go by we go back to court, I ask for credit as a disabled obligor. hes said he would give it but came back and said we had to get the attorney genral child supoort officeinvolved, I had been paying the child support but the attornye genreals office stopped it and would not take payments, but they show the arrears. on the form.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I asked the attorney genrals office for help they wont they dont consider it to be r their problem , the judtge said there was no offset before the court is why he did not grant of deny it. but I did infact on paper request credit. he told me to file a motion to modify but they still wont grant the credit or holda hearing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: yes no body is contesting the fact that I am on disabilty or that my ex recieves child support payments for my son. Now I guess im forced into filing a appeal im 50 days into the dead line.
JA: Our top Family Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Family Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Family Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us regarding this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a way to get credit as a disable obligor at this point with out having to file an appeal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid only the court can grant you the reduction based on your disability and if the court has not done so, then an appeal is your next step.

Related Family Law Questions