How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 16 years old son, who has been in trouble s not

Customer Question

Hi I have a 16 years old son, who has been in trouble his not listening to our any authority....his using drugs became violent and his in probation and I want him to get help to go to a rehab but everything is volunteer, I have court on Monday for valeted his probation, but I cant have him in my house because I'm scare of him I don't want to give him to DCF I just want him to get help you think the judge will force him to go to a treatment center for drug abuse or send him to DJJ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

This will depend on the crime he was charged with in which he violated his probation. Also it will depend on his criminal history, the Judge is more likely to get mandatory drug treatment for a non violent offense and for an offender that does not have offense after offense. If he has an attorney, a deal could probably be reached to make this happen and the court give your son a chance to change his ways. It would help if your son agreed to this as well and threw himself tok the mercy of the court so to speak. If he is on probation for assault or other violent crimes it is less likely, for possession probably more likely but it depends on the DA and the Judge.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Related Family Law Questions