Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My sons ex wants to go back to court custody over peoples

Customer Question

My sons ex wants to go back to court for sole custody over peoples lies they told her. she get medical assistants. is there any way child support can be dropped to give her sole custody? just curious
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, child support cannot be dropped under any circumstance -- even if parental rights are terminated -- so it is not likely that your son could trade her full custody for dropping child support.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Usually, the only way child support can be lifted is if both parents have the child approximately the same amount of time and make approximately the same amount of money. Otherwise, the judge is not likely to cancel child support since that money is intended to ensure the child is taken care of.