How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be paying today. My friend Noor ********* has been

Customer Question

My name is Jill ******. I will be paying today. My friend Noor ********* has been raising her 13-year old daughter ******** since "Ruk" was 7. Noor always made good money as a chef and never sought custody because she did not need child support. Now she does, as she is between jobs. Noor has been to the Department of Family and Children's Services five times. The first case worker said all Noor needed was documentation. Noor said she had enrollment records that the schools ********* had attended had mailed to her. The case worker said to bring it. When Noor returned, there was another case worker who said it was not enough to bring documentation, that Noor needed a statement from a lawyer. Noor said she has also claimed Rukhsar as a dependent since she has had her and can produce copies of her taxes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you need to contact me to verify that it is okay to charge my card for Noor's question, you may do so. My cell is *********. My address is ***********, Ga, and you can find me on Facebook (where Noor is one of my friends) at ***********
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Jill,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service tonight and tomorrow. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. I happen to be a GA licensed attorney.

I am willing to call you to discuss all of these issues, but before I do I need some additional information. And given the late hour, perhaps a call tomorrow would be more convenient for all concerned. After I receive your response including the additional information I will make the Premium Services offer of a phone call to you.

1. Was Noor married to the father of her child?

2. You say she has raised Ruk since she was 7 years old. Who raised Ruk before that?

3. Is Noor the biological mother of Ruk?

4. Are Noor and the father of Ruk divorced, married or separated?

5. How long has Ruk resided in the state of GA?

6. Where is the father residing?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jill,

Do you and your friend Noor still need help? I am prepared to assist you and as you requested, give you a call.


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Jill,

Would you please let me know if you still plan to have me assist you?

I am trying to plan my day, as I am not working a full day today, and I want to ensure that I will be here to assist you if you still need it. If you have changed your mind then please just let me know, I will opt out.

Thanks in advance for the courtesy of your response.