Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I will be paying today. My friend Noor ********* has been…

Customer Question
My name is Jill...
My name is Jill ******. I will be paying today. My friend Noor ********* has been raising her 13-year old daughter ******** since "Ruk" was 7. Noor always made good money as a chef and never sought custody because she did not need child support. Now she does, as she is between jobs. Noor has been to the Department of Family and Children's Services five times. The first case worker said all Noor needed was documentation. Noor said she had enrollment records that the schools ********* had attended had mailed to her. The case worker said to bring it. When Noor returned, there was another case worker who said it was not enough to bring documentation, that Noor needed a statement from a lawyer. Noor said she has also claimed Rukhsar as a dependent since she has had her and can produce copies of her taxes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If you need to contact me to verify that it is okay to charge my card for Noor's question, you may do so. My cell is *********. My address is ***********, Ga, and you can find me on Facebook (where Noor is one of my friends) at ***********
3/12/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good evening Jill,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service tonight and tomorrow. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. I happen to be a GA licensed attorney.

I am willing to call you to discuss all of these issues, but before I do I need some additional information. And given the late hour, perhaps a call tomorrow would be more convenient for all concerned. After I receive your response including the additional information I will make the Premium Services offer of a phone call to you.

1. Was Noor married to the father of her child?

2. You say she has raised Ruk since she was 7 years old. Who raised Ruk before that?

3. Is Noor the biological mother of Ruk?

4. Are Noor and the father of Ruk divorced, married or separated?

5. How long has Ruk resided in the state of GA?

6. Where is the father residing?

Doug

Hi Jill,

Do you and your friend Noor still need help? I am prepared to assist you and as you requested, give you a call.

Doug

Good afternoon Jill,

Would you please let me know if you still plan to have me assist you?

I am trying to plan my day, as I am not working a full day today, and I want to ensure that I will be here to assist you if you still need it. If you have changed your mind then please just let me know, I will opt out.

Thanks in advance for the courtesy of your response.

Doug